What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi, HotSprings, or Caldera Spa???  (Read 5514 times)

fatjack

Jacuzzi, HotSprings, or Caldera Spa???
« on: June 28, 2007, 05:24:53 pm »
My husband and I are finally getting a hot tub and the above dealers are in our area.  It is all pretty much Greek to me but we want someting comfortable, something that really massages well, seats about 5, and is as energy efficient as possible. We live in West Texas  and the spa will be well shaded in  the summer.  Anything we MUST know and anyone just love  the tub that they have?   I would really appreciate any help and advise.

Thanks.

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi, HotSprings, or Caldera Spa???
« on: June 28, 2007, 05:24:53 pm »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: Jacuzzi, HotSprings, or Caldera Spa???
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 05:38:10 pm »
The only way you'll know how the massage feels, and the spa fits overall is to hop in a few and test drive them.  
Precisely why you shouldn't buy a spa off the internet, out of a warehouse, or from Home Depot.  Lots of money to spend on
something that might not even fit you well.  

Any brand you listed would be good- when it comes to energy efficiency, all the good brands will be too close in power consumption
to worry about.  Sundance, Cal Spa, Arctic, Master, Marquis, are some other well known brands.  

Shop what's in your area first.  Have fun with it.

Too bad you're in WEST Texas, becase there is a Hot Springs Dealer in EAST Texas who'd probably treat you really well.  

But Texas is so gosh darn big that making the trip might be a pretty big deal.

Right Terminator?  

Brewman

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 05:38:10 pm »
My husband and I are finally getting a hot tub and the above dealers are in our area.  It is all pretty much Greek to me but we want someting comfortable, something that really massages well, seats about 5, and is as energy efficient as possible. We live in West Texas  and the spa will be well shaded in  the summer.  Anything we MUST know and anyone just love  the tub that they have?   I would really appreciate any help and advise.

Thanks.

I imagine you'll find plenty of satisfied owners of all 3 of those as they are each premium spa brands so you're fortunate to have some good options and buying from a local dealer is key IMO. It's great to ask what others own and how they like theirs but in the end the key is finding the best spa and dealer for you.

Shop all 3, wet test one or two from each dealer, get to know the dealer so you're comfortable they'll be there for you AFTER the sale (how long in business, how long with brand, how long in industry, who does their service, etc.).

If you want a spa that truly seats 5 get a spa that says it holds 6, unless you want to play footsies with everyone (will you really have that many in there more than once or twice per year or will you normally have 3 or 4 with a rare occasion of 5?).
« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 05:40:30 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

fatjack

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 06:06:49 pm »
We will probably just have us and maybe 2 more - 5 total when the grandkids are here, but most of the time, just us and a friend.

Mez

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2007, 06:34:52 pm »

Thanks.
Like the saying goes on here, research the tubs AND the dealers, wet test the models you narrow it down to that are in your price range and you wont go wrong. I did that on the 3 we wanted and ended up with a Jacuzzi J-345. Seats 4-5 , or so the manual says, even though it has room for more if you dont mind playing footsies...has great power and styling, its economical to operate compared to others, but then again, that is just one mans opinion...good luck and come back and let us all know what you decided on.

fatjack

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2007, 07:03:26 pm »
Thanks.  I appreciate the help.  We plan on taking a serious look at all of them.  If anyone has something to add, let me know........And I will let you know what we decide but it might be a week or so.

Again, thanks.

hottbpete

• Caldera Niagara
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2007, 08:52:11 am »
I have a Caldera.  Bought it 6-8 months ago.  Love the tub.  I did howvere have initial quiality issues.  They were little things, but the tech needed to come out and fix them.  My reason for the post.....get a reference on the dealers service.  My dealer has been excellant.

fatjack

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2007, 06:47:26 pm »
Well, we did it.  My husband had been to every dealer in town last week and I was able to go this afternoon.  We stopped at the Jucuzzi store and two hours later we had  bought one - J-345.  They have been in business longer than any other place (that we were interested in) and I was just bowled over with their attention to answering all my questions - and - remembering my husbands name.  They have won many awards from Jacuzzi  for customer service and being one of their better dealers in Texas.   Decision made - and I didn't have to go all over town.  

Thanks for all the help from everyone.

Mez

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2007, 06:51:33 pm »
Well, we did it.  My husband had been to every dealer in town last week and I was able to go this afternoon.  We stopped at the Jucuzzi store and two hours later we had  bought one - J-345.  They have been in business longer than any other place (that we were interested in) and I was just bowled over with their attention to answering all my questions - and - remembering my husbands name.  They have won many awards from Jacuzzi  for customer service and being one of their better dealers in Texas.   Decision made - and I didn't have to go all over town.  

Thanks for all the help from everyone.
CONGRATS!!!
Great selection, I hope you are very happy with it! Waht color did you get? Did you end up ordering or taking one out of stock?
With the exception of waiting ALOT longer for mine to arrive once I ordered it...we have been very happy to date (a whole 2 weeks now :) )

fatjack

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2007, 07:01:21 pm »
We got a Sahara.  The only color they had in stock that was not sold was the marble looking white and although they said the lights would show up better in it, I just didn't like it.  We have to have the slab poured and the electrical done so we didn't mind ordering it.  They said 3-4 weeks.  Of course, once  the prep work is done, we will be anxious to get it.  And I guess there will be a learning curve once we start using it, but they seem to be willing to help us......Anyway, we feel good about it - no second thoughts.

bhziii

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2007, 09:42:28 pm »
Congrats Fatjack.  We have the J-355 with the platinum and are happy with it.  At first we wanted to go darker, but then made the switch.  You'll be happy.

Look forward to pictures.

dihrdsoxfan

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2007, 10:48:11 am »
bhziii,
Glad to hear you are happy with your J-355. I am looking at puchasing one as well. Just a couple of quick questions, if you don't mind. I have wet tested it and really enjoyed it.
1. Is there a negotiation process when buying a tub, or is the showroom price their bottom line?
2. What range did you pay for yours ($7K-$7500, $7500-$8K, $8k-$8500). I just want to make sure that I am not getting taken.
Thanks,
Brent

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2007, 01:24:04 pm »
bhziii,
Glad to hear you are happy with your J-355. I am looking at puchasing one as well. Just a couple of quick questions, if you don't mind. I have wet tested it and really enjoyed it.
1. Is there a negotiation process when buying a tub, or is the showroom price their bottom line?
2. What range did you pay for yours ($7K-$7500, $7500-$8K, $8k-$8500). I just want to make sure that I am not getting taken.
Thanks,
Brent
Dihardcardsfan ;),
I've had a J-345 going on 10 months now and absolutely love it. My dealer here in the STL currently sells the 355 in the $7-7500 range. I personally wouldn't pay over $8K. Jacuzzi is pretty good about keeping their prices similar across the nation. My dealer had a little wiggle room but was more apt to throw in some extra goodies. I recieved $200 in store credit(not to be used with purchase of spa). All I said is you have yourself a deal if you can give me $200 in store credit and they said ok. I also asked and recieved 12 months same as cash. I paid $6095 + tax in September of last year for a new '06. I hope this helps and good luck in your search for spatopia.

Btw, [size=56]GO CARDINALS!!!![/size]  ;D

dihrdsoxfan

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2007, 01:34:51 pm »
Chad,
Thanks for your help. It helped greatly. Just curious, did you negotiate or not (other than the $200 store credit).

Also, all I have to say is [size=20]SWEEP SWEEP SWEEP!!! LETS GO RED SOX!!!!![/size]

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2007, 01:50:19 pm »
Chad,
Thanks for your help. It helped greatly. Just curious, did you negotiate or not (other than the $200 store credit).

Also, all I have to say is [size=20]SWEEP SWEEP SWEEP!!! LETS GO RED SOX!!!!![/size]
I was able to wiggle them down $300 off their asking price mainly b/c I had been quoted $6095 the first time I visited although I purchased it over 6 weeks later after a price increase across the board on all their 300 series. They stuck to their word. I was in their store 3 times(twice for wet tests) over that 6 week period and they new I was serious and was comparing other similar models from other dealers in my area and they really seemed to want my business the most, so I pulled the trigger. Especially since they kept their original quote. We have since built quite a good relationship. I'm on a first name basis with everyone there and have sent alot of business their way. I also buy all my chems from them. They're great!!! Btw, they just built their fourth(!) location in the STL. I believe they are now  the biggest spa dealer here. I think it's safe to say they're not going anywhere for awhile.

[size=56]2006 WS CHAMPIONS[/size]
« Last Edit: June 30, 2007, 01:55:30 pm by WHY_NOT »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2007, 01:50:19 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42