What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Help!  Which ozonator to get?!?  (Read 4600 times)

Renee

• '07 Jacuzzi J-365 in Nebraska
Help!  Which ozonator to get?!?
« on: June 26, 2007, 07:30:10 pm »
We're getting reading to order our Jacuzzi J-365, and I need to decide whether to get the 50 mg CD ozonator for $240 or the 250 mg CD for $320?  I guess for $80, it's almost worth getting the 250 mg ozonator, (heck at this point in the process, what's another $80?) but I'm just wondering if anyone has a strong opinion one way or the other.
Thanks for your help!

Hot Tub Forum

Help!  Which ozonator to get?!?
« on: June 26, 2007, 07:30:10 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Help!  Which ozonator to get?!?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 07:57:50 pm »
 The 250mg ozonator works great with the proclear (nat2 system) that being said the 50mg does a good job also.  For the extra 80 bucks I would get the 250mg.

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007, 08:55:37 pm »
We're getting reading to order our Jacuzzi J-365, and I need to decide whether to get the 50 mg CD ozonator for $240 or the 250 mg CD for $320?  I guess for $80, it's almost worth getting the 250 mg ozonator, (heck at this point in the process, what's another $80?) but I'm just wondering if anyone has a strong opinion one way or the other.
Thanks for your help!

Whoa!  Holy retail, Batman!   Do NOT pay that for a tub a dealer is selling you.  They discounted the tub, they SHOULD discount the OZ.  You can get other, non-name Ozonators for $200 so if you were I, I would tell him that you "expect that your patronage (i.e. buying the tub from them) warranted some "goodwill" in the form of $200 for the high-end Oz (close to their cost).
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 08:56:02 pm by ndabunka »
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

Mez

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2007, 09:24:49 pm »
Thanks for your help!
My dealer installed the 50 mg and priced it into the cost of the tub. He claims he installs that model in every tub he sells and doesnt consider it an option. He did offer the upgrade to the 250 for $100 but I opted out of it after he told me the 50 will work just fine. If you dont mind me asking, what did he quote you for the 365? I ended up getting the 345 for $1000 less than he offered the 365...I would have loved to have that tub but my wife is short and the extra 2 inch depth was too much for her...she is already under water in the captains chair as it is :)

sledjunkie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2007, 09:31:29 pm »
I disconnected my Ozone as I found it didn't make enough differnce to keep it running.
My water is crystal clear and like I said I saw no difference when I unplugged it.
I'd be more than happy to sellyou mine for $100.

bhziii

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2007, 11:10:18 pm »
For what it's worth, I called Jacuzzi and they told recommended the 50mg for my J-355.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought having too much ozone could be bad for the tub?

Renee

• '07 Jacuzzi J-365 in Nebraska
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2007, 08:45:00 am »
My dealer installed the 50 mg and priced it into the cost of the tub. He claims he installs that model in every tub he sells and doesnt consider it an option. He did offer the upgrade to the 250 for $100 but I opted out of it after he told me the 50 will work just fine. If you dont mind me asking, what did he quote you for the 365? I ended up getting the 345 for $1000 less than he offered the 365...I would have loved to have that tub but my wife is short and the extra 2 inch depth was too much for her...she is already under water in the captains chair as it is :)

The J-365 is $7,999 here in Central Nebraska.  That includes the cover and start-up chemicals only...not the steps or cover lifter or the ozonator.  The dealer didn't think the ozonator was even necessary....he wanted to get us started on the Baquacil program.  But after reading all the information on this board, I don't think that's the route we want to take.  We thought about the 345 as well, because it was $1,000 less, but I'm 6'0" and my husband is 6'3", (and I don't think our kids have a chance of being short) so we wanted the additional depth in the 365.  I also wanted the foot mound for my sore feet.   I had surgery on them in December, and I cannot WAIT to get my feet in the hot tub!

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2007, 02:05:30 pm »

The J-365 is $7,999 here in Central Nebraska.  That includes the cover and start-up chemicals only...not the steps or cover lifter or the ozonator.  The dealer didn't think the ozonator was even necessary....he wanted to get us started on the Baquacil program.  But after reading all the information on this board, I don't think that's the route we want to take.  We thought about the 345 as well, because it was $1,000 less, but I'm 6'0" and my husband is 6'3", (and I don't think our kids have a chance of being short) so we wanted the additional depth in the 365.  I also wanted the foot mound for my sore feet.   I had surgery on them in December, and I cannot WAIT to get my feet in the hot tub!
I'm 6' 1'' and have a 345. I have to slouch(?) in 2 of the 4 therepy seats, so I would not recommend this tub for you guys. The 365 would be just fine though. Btw, your quotes are comprable to the going rates here in the STL. :)

96SC

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2007, 03:12:34 pm »
For what it's worth, I called Jacuzzi and they told recommended the 50mg for my J-355.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought having too much ozone could be bad for the tub?

I recall seeing a post in here a while back that addressed high amount of ozone in a spa.  Maybe you can get lucky in a 'search' and find it.  I don't remember what was determined, though.
Before I speak, I have something important to say--Groucho Marx

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2007, 03:12:34 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42