What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Summer Water Change... Tub now set for 80  (Read 3045 times)

Brookenstein

Summer Water Change... Tub now set for 80
« on: June 24, 2007, 04:34:10 pm »
So, I hadn't changed my water since Jan.  I know bad bad.  The water really wasn't too bad.  The tub hasn't gotten much use this year since J's accident.  We've been in the upper 90's for several weeks now and that has hindered tub use even more.  I decided to drain, clean, fill today... better than cleaning the house.  I was hoping by setting it for 80, I'd have a chance off keeping it cool for a while.  Well... the water started at 82 so I'm not sure how long it will stay cool for.  Today's temp is only suppose to get to 89.  Will it automatically rise to the outdoor temp and maintain it?  Will it go above that?  If I do nothing to it (i.e. prop it open, put the hose in to cool it off) what do you think it will stay at overall this summer?  We should be right at about 100 during the day 80's at night most likely.

Hot Tub Forum

Summer Water Change... Tub now set for 80
« on: June 24, 2007, 04:34:10 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: Summer Water Change... Tub now set for 80
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2007, 05:19:58 pm »
The tub's temp will rise due to pumps comming on. If the tub is in the sun, it will get hotter than in the shade. I do notice that when we have air temps in the 90's that the tub will drift into the 100's when set for 99, it's in the shade most of the day. I have never propped the cover up or done anything except for opening the cover fully to let it cool.

I think you'll find that the temp will rise a little and fall a little depending on the outside air temp, it may only rise a few to 5 degrees though.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 11:03:44 am »
So, I hadn't changed my water since Jan.  I know bad bad.  The water really wasn't too bad.  The tub hasn't gotten much use this year since J's accident.  We've been in the upper 90's for several weeks now and that has hindered tub use even more.  I decided to drain, clean, fill today... better than cleaning the house.  I was hoping by setting it for 80, I'd have a chance off keeping it cool for a while.  Well... the water started at 82 so I'm not sure how long it will stay cool for.  Today's temp is only suppose to get to 89.  Will it automatically rise to the outdoor temp and maintain it?  Will it go above that?  If I do nothing to it (i.e. prop it open, put the hose in to cool it off) what do you think it will stay at overall this summer?  We should be right at about 100 during the day 80's at night most likely.

Between the outside temp and the circ pump it'll probably creep to the upper 80s pretty quickly, even if you have it set for 80 therefore disabling the heater. If you want to keep it lower you'd need to turn off the circ pump part of the day with the summer mode.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

nsavarirayan

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 11:31:29 am »
Wow you think you have an issue -  its 110 outside today!  But surprisingly I still like the hot tub at 104 for my nighttime session.  I just don' seem to get the same massage with the water cooler - and since the air is so dry here it makes it feel much cooler when getting out of the tub.

hottbpete

• Caldera Niagara
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2007, 12:44:38 pm »
80!!!  my pool does not feel NICE until it hits 83/84....I turned my tub down to 99 for the summer.

Mez

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2007, 07:51:16 pm »
 Well... the water started at 82 so I'm not sure how long it will stay cool for.  Today's temp is only suppose to get to 89.  Will it automatically rise to the outdoor temp and maintain it?  Will it go above that?  If I do nothing to it (i.e. prop it open, put the hose in to cool it off) what do you think it will stay at overall this summer?  We should be right at about 100 during the day 80's at night most likely.

It sounds to me that your water temp should be boiling after just one soak after reading another post of yours :)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2007, 07:51:16 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42