What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New Cameo Owner  (Read 2459 times)

Taddtx

New Cameo Owner
« on: June 25, 2007, 04:03:39 pm »
I had already put down the deposit, just had to wet test to make sure.  Did that yesterday and was great.  Cant wait to get it delivered.  But that is going to be a while, even thou I took the floor model.

I need to get the electric put in, any idea what the going close of having 220V run from the panel is?

I am planning on putting the spa on Spa Pads, so I need to remove the grass then build a base.  I am hearing all kids of things about the base, from crushed granite, to pea gravel, course sand on top or bottom, then all this from 10 inches to 2 inches.  I plan on preparing this spot myself, to save a littel bit of cash.   Suggestions / experiences ???

Cant wait to get in it.  but lookis like it might be a month of 2

Hot Tub Forum

New Cameo Owner
« on: June 25, 2007, 04:03:39 pm »

dax

• '07 Sundance Cameo
Re: New Cameo Owner
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 08:51:43 pm »
Congrats!  If you look in the forum, I just took delivery on a Cameo today. FWIW, I got the bluegrass shell with birchwood skirt.  BIL is an electrician and is hooking it up either tomorrow or Wednesday.  It's only going to cost me a couple bottles of scotch so I can't comment on the going rate for an electrical hookup and the cost of materials.  I put down patio pavers and it worked out great.

Mez

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 10:11:02 pm »

I need to get the electric put in, any idea what the going close of having 220V run from the panel is?

The electric will depend first on the length of the run from your breaker box to the tub. My exterior wall where the tub sits was 35 feet from the panel, then the tub is about another 10 feet away. He ran 60 amp service with the GFCI box 10 feet from the tub for $472. He was only there about an hour :)

Renee

• '07 Jacuzzi J-365 in Nebraska
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2007, 07:23:08 am »
Wow...we have approx the same measurments, and just got a quote for $755.  I think I will work on getting another quote this week!

96SC

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2007, 08:08:20 am »
Wow...we have approx the same measurments, and just got a quote for $755.  I think I will work on getting another quote this week!

You may want to ask the folks you bought the tub from if they deal with one particular electrician.  He may give you a price break and he'll know all the requirements for hooking up a tub.  Just a thought.
Before I speak, I have something important to say--Groucho Marx

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2007, 08:08:20 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42