What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: A most refreshing soak  (Read 2492 times)

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
A most refreshing soak
« on: June 26, 2007, 08:30:27 am »
The weather on the East Coast has been a bit strange this year. Usually my above ground pool has warmed to the mid 80's by this time. Because of rain and cool nights, the water temperature last night was about 77.  Following my 14 year old, who insisted that his method of pool/tub jumping would make me feel wonderful, I jumped into the pool (it felt frigid to me). We stayed long enough to get a good chill, then we jumped into the tub at 101. When we had warmed to a sweat, we jumped back into the pool and swam around for a little while.  I think we did this about 4 times. I ended with a dip in the pool. This was probably the most refreshing, best soak I have ever had. I know that sounds crazy, but for some reason, I had NO pain from the arthritis in my back and legs and I had a great nights sleep...
I'm kind of hoping the pool stays cool ;)
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Hot Tub Forum

A most refreshing soak
« on: June 26, 2007, 08:30:27 am »

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
Re: A most refreshing soak
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 09:42:18 am »
A cool pool and a hot tub is definitely refreshing.  It is how I ended up with my pool.

TubGuy 21

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007, 10:34:00 am »
I used to work for a Dr doing physical therapy and what you described is actually a therapy called a contrast bath used to treat many injuries.  Basically the cold constricts the blood flow and inflammation and the hot increases it.  It  helps to pump the blood in and out....Its usually used in an isolated area with ice slush and then moist heat, but works as a full body treatment by improving circulation...It will help arthritis and other chronic conditions as well as boost the immune system.  It is advised to start and end with cold.....you can do the same thing in a shower if you want, but its much more enjoyabe in the pool/tub. Not only is it very refreshing, it is good for you.....I dont have a pool, but I use the the hose  and jump back in the tub.  
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 10:48:54 am by TubGuy_21 »

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2007, 01:58:24 pm »
Your son apparently stumbled on a tried and true system.  His method is similar to what the ancient Romans used to do.  Their baths had Fridgidariums (cold rooms), Tepidariums (warm rooms) and Caldariums (hot rooms) along with swimming pools and exercise areas which were taken in a precise format to maximize the health benefit.

Who woulda thunk it?
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2007, 02:04:12 pm »
I had a great soak Sunday night.    I was trimming up some trees in the yard, and an old dead tree off in the woods decided to come down and across part of the driveway.  Yuk. I spent my sunday cutting, chopping and hauling away that tree.  But a dip in the cool pool to refresh my self and then into the hot tub...I felt great the next day. (I had thought for sure, my back would be killing me). But I think the mix of the pool followed up by a nice long hot soak made all the diference in the world.  

Only problem is the posion ivy I caught while cutting up the dead tree.  Looks like I'll be out of the hot tub for a few days.  :P
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 02:04:48 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2007, 02:04:12 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42