What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: ? re H2O filtration/chemicals  (Read 2975 times)

LindaWeg

? re H2O filtration/chemicals
« on: June 22, 2007, 06:56:31 am »
I have a Maxxus 2000 that I bought in 2000 new.  It came w/ Iso-Pure filtration system and the owner's manual refers to it as well (can't find iso-pure on web though).  I've had the tub drained for 3 years and have it back up and running (after having the spa people place a new heater).  My question is what do I need to do to maintain the hot tub?  I can't seem to find user friendly maintenance instructions to help me keep this going.  Is there a system out there that will do the 'work' for me since I'm obviously hot tub and chemical challenged?

Thanks,
Linda

Hot Tub Forum

? re H2O filtration/chemicals
« on: June 22, 2007, 06:56:31 am »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: ? re H2O filtration/chemicals
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 09:13:28 am »
Go Here: http://www.rhtubs.com/bbs/FAQ.htm about halfway down the page are 2 names - Northman and Vermonter, read these 2 posts.

It is using dichlor and you'll get a good starting point. There is also bromine that people use, someone here can help with that if needed. These are the 2 main systems in hot tub water care.

Please read them and post back with questions.

LindaWeg

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2007, 07:41:22 am »
Thanks for the link...very informative!

I'm checking out sites online for supplies now!

Linda

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2007, 11:29:29 am »
The Iso-Pure system was a salt based chlorine generator that Sundance used.  Salt systems haven't worked well in portable spas and Sundance doesn't offer this anymore so disregard any Iso-Pure info in your manual and use a conventional sanitizing system.  Vinny has pointed you in a good direction...a place where many of us started.

sledjunkie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2007, 07:18:39 pm »
I was on that vermonter method for almost a year. I was happy with it. No problems..
I however recently switched to Bromine to try it out and I'm even happier. My wife likes it better too. Actually she uses the tub all the time now, where as she didn't before.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2007, 07:18:39 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42