What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Different Chemical Programs?  (Read 2226 times)

96SC

Different Chemical Programs?
« on: June 21, 2007, 06:15:49 pm »
I was reading another post by nsavarirayan about a silver chemical program.  We bought a spa a couple week ends ago (HS Vanguard) and on the sales order under Chemical Program it says Silver.  I thought Silver was a type not as good as Gold but better than Bronze (shows what I know).

How many types of Chemical programs are there?  If there are several what are they?  Which do you prefer and which is easier to manage (I see a worm squirming out of the can but I'm a novice at this and need as much info as possible).  Fortunately, the spa won't be delivered until we get the patio build/wired/etc so I have a lot of time to 'sypher your input.  If there is somewhere I can look up some of this information please let me know. :-/

Thanks.
Before I speak, I have something important to say--Groucho Marx

Hot Tub Forum

Different Chemical Programs?
« on: June 21, 2007, 06:15:49 pm »

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
Re: Different Chemical Programs?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2007, 06:28:20 pm »
I think the "Silver" probably referred to the "FreshWater Continuous Silver Ion Sanitizer Cartridge" that you can put in the grey filter standpipe.  I understand that it is the Hot Spring brand for the Nature2 cartridge.  I use it in my new Envoy and like it so far.  The water in the new tub (with the Silver Ion cartridge and Ozone) seems to stay fresher than in my old Prodigy (with no cartridge and no ozonator).  Apparently, silver is the active ingredient.

I'm happy with Silver, but I don't want them to come out with a Gold cartridge.  I know it will cost more than the Silver just because its Gold!!   ;D
« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 06:28:43 pm by Richs100 »
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2007, 08:32:06 pm »
There are a few programs out there.

There's Baqua and similar, chlorine, chlorine with N2 or Frog (silver cart), bromine, bromine with Frog (can't use N2 with bromine), enzymes and proprietary systems from manufacturers such as HS and D1.

The chlorine and bromine routines are the same with and without cartridges except that the silver may help keep your water better. The proprietary systems are basically N2 or Frog systems on steroids ... the D1 vision cart is huge and expensive.

The truth is we all have clean water assuming you pay attention to it and it really comes down to what you're comfortable with.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2007, 08:32:06 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42