What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Envoy electrical cutout area - where is it?  (Read 2419 times)

guysinct

Envoy electrical cutout area - where is it?
« on: June 20, 2007, 03:26:38 pm »
Hi everyone. I've been lurking for quite a while, thanks to everyone for all the useful information I've gotten over the past 6 months.

I've purchased a HS Envoy, delivery in three weeks. Having a new patio poured now, and I want to run a conduit underneath it for the electric.  I need to know where to have the conduit come through the patio, so it is positioned correctly for when the tub is delivered.

I have the predelivery instruction book, which includes a diagram of where the electric cutout area is. The diagram has an arrow pointing to where the electric area is, but unfortunately no measurements. The closest measurement displayed is 44 inches from the bottom right edge to the center, it looks like the electric is just a few more inches over, so maybe 47 inches from the right? Can anyone confirm this?

Also, I cannot tell how far back from the front edge the electric area is - the diagram only shows left to right measurements, not front to back.

Unfortunately, my work has me in Wisconsin all this month, only home on weekends, so I have had great difficultly hooking up with my dealer (he never seems to be in when I call). If anyone can advise me on where the conduit should pop up through the patio, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks,

Eric

Hot Tub Forum

Envoy electrical cutout area - where is it?
« on: June 20, 2007, 03:26:38 pm »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: Envoy electrical cutout area - where is it?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 03:52:56 pm »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

guysinct

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 04:06:28 pm »
Thanks for the quick reply. Your drawing shows the area starting 44inches from the right - is this correct? The predelivery instructions mark a spot which is 44 inches from the right, but the electric area looks a little further to the left, that is why I guessed 47 inches from the right. Are you sure about your drawing saying only 44 inches from right?

For the side view, you marked 2 inches. Is that from the very front (the overhang), or from the recessed lower front edge? If its from the lower recessed edge, how far in does that sit from the rest of the front?

Sorry for all the questions, but I don't want to get this wrong!

Eric

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2007, 04:43:56 pm »
Are you sure about your drawing saying only 44 inches from right?

Yes sir, 44" from the recessed base of the spa's right side to the right edge of the electrical cutout.  Pretend the Everwood cabinet is not even there.

For the side view, you marked 2 inches. Is that from the very front (the overhang), or from the recessed lower front edge?

From the front edge of the Everwood cabinet (overhang) to the backside of the electrical cutout is 2".

Term
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 04:44:27 pm by East_TX_Spa »

guysinct

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2007, 04:48:39 pm »
Excellent! You're the best!

My spa dealer just called me with virtually the same information. He says the overhang is 1.5 inches, the cutout goes back an additional 1/2 inch, so that matches the two inches you described.

Side to side, he says 46 over from the outer edge (including overhang of 1.5 inches), so agin, that's within a half inch of the 44 inches you described.

I'm going with your number  ;)

Thanks again!

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2007, 04:52:53 pm »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2007, 04:52:53 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42