What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: What wrong with rotational moulding?  (Read 1908 times)

Madeinireland

What wrong with rotational moulding?
« on: June 16, 2007, 06:39:19 pm »
Hiya,

I'm a new member living in the UK. I'm thinking of buying a new spa and I'm tempted by a set of low cost entry spas that all seem to be contstructed using rotational moulding. There seems a good arguement that this lowers the construction costs - but feel there must be some downside. I don't have huge sum to spend but these seem to fit the bill regarding most things.

The fav is the moment is one called the Antigua from a company called Strong Spas. I also like the Freeflow. One of the advantages of the Strong Spa over one I've heard mentioned before (Dreammaker) is that it has its own separate heater - meaning no long wait to get the thing up to temp.

Also the Strong Spa is a round hot tub - which claims to hold 6 or 7 people - which I find a bit difficult to believe given its dimensions - 2 Metres diameter and 88cm high.

Having scanned some of the topics on this forum and others - I don't see the Strong Spa and the Freeflow mentioned all that much.

Is that because they are really poor? and why aren't more hot tubs constructed with Roto Moulding if its all that good?

Any advice gratefully accepted.

Thanks...
Mark

Hot Tub Forum

What wrong with rotational moulding?
« on: June 16, 2007, 06:39:19 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: What wrong with rotational moulding?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2007, 06:55:32 pm »
 We sell Freeflow as well as Jacuzzi,the Freeflows are for the person that wants a spa thats comfortable, doesnt have a ton of jets and or bells and whistles at a low price.

They run great, have few problems and are easy to take care of.  Basically they are what they are and you cant expect tons of therapy, but its hot water with decent jet action and pretty good filtration.

In regaurds to the rotational moulded spas we have seen a few of the small round ones get cracks,I think some of that was caused by having to many people in the spa, one guy that had one that cracked weighed about 350lbs and had the smallest freeflow which was the clx at the time.

If you go with Freeflow our most popular ones are the Accent,Passport and the Solstice.  The nice thing with the premier series in the Freeflow line is you can get the performance package(upgrade) which is a larger pump 3hp but you can only go 220volt with that series.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2007, 09:09:48 pm »
Good news.. in the UK they ONLY have 220  ;D.................. though, it's 50 hz
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2007, 09:09:48 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42