What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Does Free Delivery Include The Use Of Crane?  (Read 4245 times)

nsavarirayan

Does Free Delivery Include The Use Of Crane?
« on: June 15, 2007, 11:22:55 am »
Hi Guys,

I have a problem with my house - we are going to need a crane to drop this thing like 80 feet from the street into my backyard.  I bought a hot tub but according to dealer if the install requires a crane, and they can't just wheel it in then I would have to cover the crane cost?

Is this standard practice among dealers to not pay for a crane if it needed (eve though they say free delievery)?

Let me know thanks.  Because I don't want to pay for a crane if I the company should be?

by the way the crane cost is about 200-300 bucks.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 11:23:19 am by nsavarirayan »

Hot Tub Forum

Does Free Delivery Include The Use Of Crane?
« on: June 15, 2007, 11:22:55 am »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Does Free Delivery Include The Use Of Crane?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 11:28:29 am »
Hi Guys,

I have a problem with my house - we are going to need a crane to drop this thing like 80 feet from the street into my backyard.  I bought a hot tub but according to dealer if the install requires a crane, and they can't just wheel it in then I would have to cover the crane cost?

Is this standard practice among dealers to not pay for a crane if it needed (eve though they say free delievery)?

Let me know thanks.  Because I don't want to pay for a crane if I the company should be?

by the way the crane cost is about 200-300 bucks.

They are being straight with you. "Free delivery" (they really should say "delivery included" since in reality they already factored it into the price) always refers to standard NON-CRANE delivery. The customer is always liable for any crane costs. BTW, 200-300 sounds very reasonable for the crane. It's unfortuante that you need one but its not entirely uncommon.  
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 11:29:23 am by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

nsavarirayan

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 11:30:31 am »
Ok I just don't want to fight with the dealer and be a dick if its not my place to be.  I  guess i should blame the builder for making my gate to small -  36 inches is all I have!

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 11:31:10 am »
Free delivery never includes the cost of a crane in my experience. Delivery generally includes 2 guys with a dolly and adequate access to wheel the spa into position.

The dealer should have some crane companies to contact and your price seems reasonable.

Steve

nsavarirayan

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 11:37:57 am »
Free delivery never includes the cost of a crane in my experience. Delivery generally includes 2 guys with a dolly and adequate access to wheel the spa into position.

The dealer should have some crane companies to contact and your price seems reasonable.

Steve

Funny that was exactly what shoed up at my house yesterday.  Nothing worse then getting excited for a tub and then not be able to get it to the back yard once it was delievered.  They are coming back at 2pm today with a crane so I just hope that there are no problems!!  I'll let you know what happens - hell I will take some pictures of it and show you all how it gets delivered.

countryboy

• soak it in cider
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2007, 11:45:14 am »
what would it cost to widen your gate? Might be better off spending the 2-300 on that rather than the crane.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2007, 11:46:19 am »
We look forward to the pics!

I blame that directly on the dealer. Every dealer should have a pre-delivery checklist which includes the installation details. This would have prevented this and a simple question of your gate size prior to delivery would have saved a bunch of time being wasted.

They should know;
- Where the tub is going
- The foundation it is sitting on
- Gate width
- Overhanging obsticles
- Is it going up any steps and how many
- Is it on a deck and what is the height
- Is it being sunk into a deck
- grass, gravel, sand or concrete from the truck to the location of the spa
- Optional ways to get the spa in such as removing a section of fence
- etc.

Steve
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 11:47:47 am by Steve »

nsavarirayan

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2007, 12:09:06 pm »
what would it cost to widen your gate? Might be better off spending the 2-300 on that rather than the crane.

Its the concrete walls that holds the gate on thats too small.  So I would have to tear down that part of the concrete wall - that would probably cost 500 bucks to fix.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2007, 12:13:26 pm »
We look forward to the pics!

I blame that directly on the dealer. Every dealer should have a pre-delivery checklist which includes the installation details. This would have prevented this and a simple question of your gate size prior to delivery would have saved a bunch of time being wasted.

Amen.

I don't think though that "Free delivery" includes a crane either.   Free "Standard" delivery is what is implied.

The dealer that sold me my Tiger River used to always deliver with a crane (they subbed all their work out).  So if you bought from them, then yea, crane delivery was "free".

07 Caldera Geneva

gtp

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2007, 12:36:19 pm »
which tub, dealer did you end up going with?

nsavarirayan

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2007, 12:38:09 pm »
I got the D1 Dipomat - A used 03 model for 5K - its in great shape so I figure I saved some cash so should not be overly bent on the crane expense!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2007, 12:38:09 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42