What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Upgrade hot tub  (Read 1906 times)

Brewer

Upgrade hot tub
« on: June 13, 2007, 08:03:50 am »
1st time posting and I've been reading some of the many and informative posts so I'll try to make it brief.  I purchased a Thermo Spa back in 1988 before they went to the direct manufacture sales.  I've had a good experience with my tub but it's time to upgrade.   I'm confused with all the various options that the newer tubs offer i.e ozonator,  full foam insulation versus layered foam insulation, number of jets and number of pumps, air jets etc.  I did have the Thermo Spa sales rep present what they offered and as in many of the posts they are very proud of their tubs and are basically twice the cost.  I told the sales rep that 15K was more than I had in mind and have since been looking at Jacuzzi, Artesian and Freestylespa.  Pros and cons regarding the full foam, ozonator and general experience would be appreciated.  Although the Thermospa was pricey the sales pitch did point out technical issues i.e pump sizes, plumbing sizes, titanium heaters that would be interesting discussion.  Thanks in advance for all information and advice.
Cheers  

Hot Tub Forum

Upgrade hot tub
« on: June 13, 2007, 08:03:50 am »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Upgrade hot tub
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 09:37:02 am »
I am sure that in a few days Thermal spas will call you back and have found a $15K tub that was ordered but the little old lady in Michigan can't take delivery of it, and if you act now, they can get it over to you for only $12000.  ;)

From what I've read, T-spas aren't the worst spas out there,  But there prices and sales tatics are criminal.

Given that:

Ozinators: Corona Discharge Ozinators are very popular. Although it's difficult to quantify how well they are working, most folks who purchased a CD ozinator that runs 24/7 in a contact chamber report good results.  After market add ons, and or the ones not running continuely have questinable results.  

Pump size plumbing etc:   all good points  and there are many issues that effect plumping and pumps  and the only way to tell is to wet test. Get into the tub  and see if YOU like the jet pressure, configuariton, too strong? too weak? the layout. Ect.  WET TEST.

As far as heaters and all that ?   WARRANTY.  All the major brands offer decent warrantys on the heaters.
(Not prorated like Tspas.)  Some manufactuers have no fault warranties on the heaters, other will only warrant them if the water chemistry was kept correct.

Insuation? Foam or a thermal cabinet? It's been arugued around and around and around on which is better and which is worse.   - buy a brand name QUALITY Tub- and the insualtion issue is moot. A cheap thermal tub will cost a fortune to heat in the winter, A cheap full foam tub will be a nightmare to repair. Buy quality.  

That being said I think Jaquizzi and Artesian both enjoy fairly decent reputations.  I am not familliar with free stle spas.

07 Caldera Geneva

Brewer

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 10:52:38 am »
Drewstar

Thanks for the input.  The Free Style Spa is a new line as I understand it, good pricing but I do have concerns regarding ongoing support.  I'll keep checking and for sure schedule a Wet Test.

Cheers

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 10:52:38 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42