What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: When to Wet test?  (Read 4656 times)

96SC

When to Wet test?
« on: June 06, 2007, 02:15:51 pm »
When do you dealers prefer folks doing wet tests?  We want to wet test Saturday, my DW wants of just drop into a store and test.  I told her we should let the dealer know we're coming and that testing is preferred at close to closing time or shortly thereafter. (Or by appointment).   Plus we'd better let them know what spa we want to test so they can have one filled.  Is there anything else we should tell the dealer prior to our visit?

What do you folks prefer?

Thanks.
 :D
Before I speak, I have something important to say--Groucho Marx

Hot Tub Forum

When to Wet test?
« on: June 06, 2007, 02:15:51 pm »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: When to Wet test?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2007, 02:25:48 pm »
"Anytime you want to!" is our policy.  I've got a private mood room set up with a HotSpring Envoy and a HotSpring Sovereign available.  Or, you can try out the Prodigy in the showroom.  Or, you can go out on the deck and try the Tiger River Bengal, HS Aria, HS Vista, HS Vanguard, or the Solana SX.

Our spas are kept clean, hot, and ready to go at all times.  If you want to come in during business hours....great!  If you want me to close the store so you can have privacy....I'll do it!  If you want to meet me before or after work...just let me know!  If you want me to drink a beer with you...you don't even have to ask!  If you want to shoot guns while sitting in the spa....we can make that happen!

Others may have different policies....

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2007, 02:33:17 pm »
I think if you are going for a specific wet test for a specific tub. I'd call first and set it up.   I'm not a dealer, but I don't think most mind "Walk ins" and it seems to be a pretty big selling tool.  I think most of the HS folks I know carry free bathing suits.

I'd hate to get there, and find some fat sweaty guy with a skin condition testing the same tub I wanted, or find that the tub was "just empited this morning"  Or, "We really busy, I'll be with you in a few..."
07 Caldera Geneva

nsavarirayan

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2007, 03:35:54 pm »
thats funny as hell East Texas!!

I wish you were my area and I could have visited your store - can you provide girls in the hot tub as well during the testing - i imagine that could boost sales.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2007, 03:55:03 pm »
I wish you were my area and I could have visited your store -

East Texas is close to EVERY place...except West Texas. ;)

Term
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

dax

• '07 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2007, 04:02:12 pm »
I didn't know anything about wet-testing until I found this site.  Of course, when I visited some stores the salesmen also encouraged me to do so.  Two of the places had the tubs hot and ready to go, but I did call to arrange a time.  The other place said they would heat the tubs up for me when I told them I would be there.

Funny you mentioned about having women.  While at this one place, an elderly couple were walking around.  The guy saw me in the spa and asked me if I was having a good time.  Told him I'd be having more fun if I had a beer and some women in here with me.  He laughed, but his wife didn't seem amused.

D.P. Roberts

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2007, 08:20:06 pm »

East Texas is close to EVERY place...except West Texas. ;)

Term

I just read an interesting comment about overpopulation. If you divided the entire state of Texas into typical suburban lots (1/5th of an acre), and built a house for 4 people on each lot, you could house the entire population of the WORLD in Texas.

But back to the subject at hand. Does your local dealer have a "test room"? If so, they may want to have it booked for a certain time, so two shoppers don't show up at the same time. Also, my local dealer always suggested appointments- that way, he could make sure the tubs were always set to the customers' preferred temperature. If you know how hot you like your tubs, that might be a good idea.
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain

tiktov

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2007, 01:36:50 am »

Reply #6 - Today at 5:20pm Quote
Quote from East_TX_Spa on Today at 12:55pm:

East Texas is close to EVERY place...except West Texas. Wink

Term

I just read an interesting comment about overpopulation. If you divided the entire state of Texas into typical suburban lots (1/5th of an acre), and built a house for 4 people on each lot, you could house the entire population of the WORLD in Texas.

WOW! That would generate even MORE hot air in and over Texas.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2007, 10:25:10 am »
Reply #6 - Today at 5:20pm Quote
Quote from East_TX_Spa on Today at 12:55pm:

East Texas is close to EVERY place...except West Texas. Wink

Term

WOW! That would generate even MORE hot air in and over Texas.

Texas is HUge. I'm a damn yankee and am used to small east coast cities.

True story:

I remember once I was at a business meeting in a high rise in Huston.  I looked out the window and way off in the  distance, I could make out the sillohette of skyscrapers on the horizon. Trying to visualize Texas geography I wondered if that was  Austin I  was seeing off in the distance?

"What city is that?" I asked pointing out over the horizan.

The texan smiled and said

"That? That's Downtown"
  :o

The *city*of Huston covers 600 sq miles.  (almost 10x the size of the Island of aruba).  

The cliff Claven in me just can't shut up:

World Pop: 6,000,000,000 (six billion and change)

Size of texas = 261,797 square miles

640 acres to the sq mile

Therefore there are 167,550,080 acres in Texas.

That's 36 people to an acre.  

or 18 people per half acre

or 9 per quarter acre

or 4 per eighth

An 8th of an acrea is about 55" x 100.  not that big for 4 people. Just about half a lot that could fit a townhouse or one side of a duplex.

It's a neat analogy, but don't that's not "living" that's standing room in texas  If you want to "live there "  add in roads, hospitals, schools, water suppiles, farm lands etc etc  and such you'd need more land.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 02:07:57 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

96SC

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2007, 12:54:18 pm »
DW called the hot tub dealer we are going to visit for a wet test.  (2:00pm Saturday). The lady there said,' we'll make sure no one else is there as you're testing'.  Makes you feel kinda' important.  Must be part of that Hot Springs training.  Or they close at noon and they're just going to hang around til' we get there.

BTW, Term, they only have 4 spas filled as opposed to the numberous amount you have.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2007, 01:02:13 pm »
DW called the hot tub dealer we are going to visit for a wet test.  (2:00pm Saturday). The lady there said,' we'll make sure no one else is there as you're testing'.  Makes you feel kinda' important.  Must be part of that Hot Springs training.  Or they close at noon and they're just going to hang around til' we get there.

BTW, Term, they only have 4 spas filled as opposed to the numberous amount you have.

Perfect!

Now this is where you pull a "BORAT"

Did you see the movie Borat?

Show up drunk, wearing speedo thong,  and have several drunk, very promiscous, street wise and very worn hookers with you, a bottle of vodka and a bag full of lotion, lubricant, sex toys, a boom box....about 20 minutes into the "wet test" yell out to the staff on the floor

"Ok, I;m done, how do you flush this?"

Niiiiiiice!

Hot tub dealers are known for thier sense of humor and love it when customers pull pranks like this.  Usually if the prank is good enough, you get a huge discount and lots of extras (Free robes, ducks, chemicals).
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 01:13:37 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

96SC

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2007, 01:34:53 pm »

Perfect!

Now this is where you pull a "BORAT"

Did you see the movie Borat?

Show up drunk, wearing speedo thong,  and have several drunk, very promiscous, street wise and very worn hookers with you, a bottle of vodka and a bag full of lotion, lubricant, sex toys, a boom box....about 20 minutes into the "wet test" yell out to the staff on the floor

"Ok, I;m done, how do you flush this?"

Niiiiiiice!

[glow]Hot tub dealers are known for thier sense of humor and love it when customers pull pranks like this.  Usually if the prank is good enough, you get a huge discount and lots of extras (Free robes, ducks, chemicals). [/glow]

Is that why Caldera just gave you a spa? So their sales folks wouldn't have to put with your 'pranks'   ;D ;D ;D
(Hey, drewster, pull my finger). ;)

D.P. Roberts

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2007, 01:37:39 pm »

Did you ask them about the temp? If you care, it can be important. Some may call me a wimp (and believe me, they do), but I only like tubs to be 100-101. To me, 103-104 is WAY TOO HOT. Many dealers keep their wet testing tubs that high, but if you show up & the temp is higher than you like it then it may take a long time to cool down.

My local dealer (mjb, for those who remember him) asked us about temp before our wet test, & added cold water to cool the tub down before we got there. I thought that was pretty cool.
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2007, 01:38:12 pm »
No. they love the pranks. It's good adverstising for them.  It's tradition! Really.

Trust me. If you want to get in "good" with the dealer  and show him you know the "industry" and not to screw you over on the price, you gotta pull a prank on him. Honest!

Do you have any bubble bath at home?

What about boxes of Jello?

Is there a pet store that you can stop at and pick up a dozen gold fish?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 01:42:22 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

96SC

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2007, 02:09:20 pm »
No. they love the pranks. It's good adverstising for them.  It's tradition! Really.

Trust me. If you want to get in "good" with the dealer  and show him you know the "industry" and not to screw you over on the price, you gotta pull a prank on him. Honest!

Do you have any bubble bath at home?

What about boxes of Jello?

Is there a pet store that you can stop at and pick up a dozen gold fish?

Let's see.   ::)

a) Do I have 'stupid' tatooed on my forehead? :-/
b) I was born at night,........ 8-)
c) I didn't just fall off the turnip truck. :P

However, to see if it really works, I'll be original and fill my shoes with sand and bring a Baby Ruth.  That should get us a huge discount.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2007, 02:09:20 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42