What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hydro pool ??  (Read 19403 times)

pmcrazi

Hydro pool ??
« on: May 09, 2006, 12:05:45 am »
I am first time hot tub hunting, and have found a local dealer with hydro pool spa, which if very nice at a great price. I am concerned while the wooden cabinet is beautiful, how would it wear, or what about internal plumbing problems? Also, it claims to be "self-cleaning", and has alot of nice features.However, I have not been able to find any forum info on this line. If any info, recommendations, etc for this line please LMK. thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Hydro pool ??
« on: May 09, 2006, 12:05:45 am »

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
Re: Hydro pool ??
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2006, 07:27:09 am »
re:Hydro pool ??

I don't know anything about Hydro Pool
but I notice they have a great gallery on their website.

I am sometimes amazed how some spa makers
have limited picture galleries on their web sites.

The people want to see pictures!....Hello?.....LOL

Click Below To See Hydro Pool Awesome Picture Gallery:
http://www.hydropoolhottubs.com/en/gallery.asp?Type=SC
« Last Edit: May 09, 2006, 08:06:40 am by Zep »

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2006, 11:09:10 am »
I am first time hot tub hunting, and have found a local dealer with hydro pool spa, which if very nice at a great price. I am concerned while the wooden cabinet is beautiful, how would it wear,

Cedar has been used on hot tubs, gazebos, sheds and decks for a LONG time. It has been selected for these uses because it stands up very well to the elements. Yes, to maintain the look you do need to stain it. If you don't, it will turn grey but will not likely rot.

Many manufacturers and retailers make wood sound bad using the dreaded word maintenance. Many of these companies either don't offer wood or are trying to up-sell you.

Synthetic cabinets are great, but they don't smell like cedar.

Most cannot be refinished like cedar.

I don't think anyone can definitively say that the synthetic cabinet will outlast cedar as these products have not been around on decks and tubs long enough to make said claims. I could offer a 200 year roofing product, but until its been around 200 years, how do we really know?
or what about internal plumbing problems?
A Hydropool's plumbing is easier to access than most FF tubs.
Also, it claims to be "self-cleaning", and has a lot of nice features. However, I have not been able to find any forum info on this line. If any info, recommendations, etc for this line please LMK. thanks

What model are you looking at?

Hydropool makes a fine spa. Steve or I would be pleased to answer any of your questions.
Homeworks Financing Representative

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2006, 01:24:13 pm »
Yeah there is some guy supposedly named "Steve" that shows up here from time to time.....he seems to be a real pompous a*#.......he claims to know a"little" something about the product...... ::)......no really Steve...is a great guy and speaks very highly of the line and for me if he believes in it than I think it is most differently worth a look.....
« Last Edit: May 09, 2006, 01:25:30 pm by Mendocino101 »

pmcrazi

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2006, 09:54:03 am »
Wow, thanks for the great info, this site is really helpful. We are looking at the 575 gold series tub, with the extra garden light package. Cover, steps, ozone, etc... just is the only dealer in town, so there is not to compare to. Another dealer who sells only synthetic tubs mentioned concerns with the wooden tubs rotting from the inside out if there is ever any internal plumbing problems. He actually has a "damaged" wooden tub in the back of his parking lot. I am also concerned as Hydro pool is in Canada, and just not comfortable with warrenty issues. Any other information would be appreciated. Otherwise if we went synthetic, I have been looking at Master, Gulf Coast, and Aquaform (which I think is Sunbelt).
Thanks again.
Karen

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2006, 10:50:47 am »
Yeah there is some guy supposedly named "Steve" that shows up here from time to time.....he seems to be a real pompous a*#.......he claims to know a"little" something about the product...... ::)......no really Steve...is a great guy and speaks very highly of the line and for me if he believes in it than I think it is most differently worth a look.....

Don't make me come over there ya big galoot! :P  ;)

HotTubMan has given you some great information and he's bang on about cedar. Any idea what material is used on Totem poles? Yep, cedar... Most people with cedar cabinets on their hot tubs spend maybe an hour a year clear coating the cabinet. The REAL sales pitch for synthetic should be..."Save 60 minutes of maintenance every year by going to this product". It doesn't have quite as dramatic effect though... ;)

The 575 Gold is one of Hydropool's best selling spas worldwide. It's a great spa offering fantastic therapy and very comfortable. A perfect spa for 4-5 adults!

If you have a local dealer, why does the location of head office play a factor in warranty Karen? We have dealers all over Europe too and in 40 countries worldwide! I wouldn't let that be a concern in any way.

The Self Clean aspect of Hydropool is what we are known for. This system has complete top and bottom filtration and is one of the only spa companies to address any debris that is heavier than water and sits in the footwell by removing it with the built in floor vacuum. It's very difficult to remove this otherwise and this debris causes more frequent draining and refilling. With complete top and bottom filtration, the entire body of water is filtered every 15 minutes and this system is considered more of a commercial filtration. The end result is less time and maintenance looking after your water!

I'm unclear about your question of internal plumbing problems? All fittings are a friction fit, glued and clamped which is far above industry standard and as HotTubMan pointed out, Hydropool has easy access into the cabinet should you ever require it.

Hydropool is a 26 year old Canadian company and although we have a very high quality product, we don't have the marketing budget that the "big boys" have.

Certainly feel free to ask any questions and I will answer them as best I can. Best of luck Karen!

Steve

« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 10:51:46 am by Steve »

pmcrazi

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2006, 02:59:16 pm »
Steve,
Thankyou for all the great information, and a little better understanding of hydro pool. There just didn't seem to be much said about them here or on other sites, so I wasn't sure. The self-cleaning, and the wood cabinet is what sold my husband, I am just trying to be the more practical one, and do the research. The local dealer only had a few hydro pools, and made a comment about selling them to make room for jacuzzi, hense the hesitation about the warrenty locally. Another retail store for spa's that I went to only sold synthetic cabinets, and actually hit one with a rubber mallet to prove the durability. He had a wooden cabinet out in his back parking lot, that he claimed sprung an internal leak and compleatly ruined the cabinet, which is why he didn't recommend wooden cabinets. So is this just a selling tactic of his, or could there be concern for the wood warping as such. Also another question if you don't mind, we are looking to put the spa inside a glass "florida room" that is being built on to our home. What concerns do we have with an inside tub? Do we need exhaust fans put in for the extra humidity of the tub? and additional info is greatly appreciated.
Karen

anne

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2006, 04:26:40 pm »
I dont have a hydropool, but I do have a cedar cabinet. The tub came with specific suggestions for what to protect it with, which SUPPOSEDLY lasts three years, but I plan to coat mine yearly. It did take about 2 hrs, since I have a lot of steps, too, but it is worth it, for sure. And wet cedar smells great!
Dance like nobody's watching

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2006, 06:50:31 pm »
Steve,
 Thankyou for all the great information, and a little better understanding of hydro pool. There just didn't seem to be much said about them here or on other sites, so I wasn't sure. The self-cleaning, and the wood cabinet is what sold my husband, I am just trying to be the more practical one, and do the research. The local dealer only had a few hydro pools, and made a comment about selling them to make room for jacuzzi, hense the hesitation about the warrenty locally. Another retail store for spa's that I went to only sold synthetic cabinets, and actually hit one with a rubber mallet to prove the durability. He had a wooden cabinet out in his back parking lot, that he claimed sprung an internal leak and compleatly ruined the cabinet, which is why he didn't recommend wooden cabinets. So is this just a selling tactic of his, or could there be concern for the wood warping as such. Also another question if you don't mind, we are looking to put the spa inside a glass "florida room" that is being built on to our home. What concerns do we have with an inside tub? Do we need exhaust fans put in for the extra humidity of the tub? and additional info is greatly appreciated.
Karen

You are very welcome my dear! Going back to the cedar issue, keep in mind that cedar is one of the strongest, most durable woods in the world. On all Hydropool Self Clean hot tubs, we use western Canadian clear cedar which is a very beautiful wood. Having your spa inside a room as you suggested will dramatically reduce the amount of times you will need to clear coat it so this is even less of an issue given that application.

Welcome to sales 101 where some will say ANYTHING to sway your opinion. There are 10's of thousands of cedar hot tubs all over the world. If this was as serious as this guy is leading on...well, let's just say that he's slightly uneducated and leave it at that! ;)

What will be a concern is a couple things Karen; First, you will require an exhaust fan to remove the humidity in the room. It would be unfortunate to have a beautiful glass room and not be able to see out of it. A dehumidifier is also an option. You will also require a floor drain in that room. The only other concern (from personal experience) is sitting in a 70 degree room in 100+degree water, can limit the length of time in the spa due to overheating yourselves.

I'm assuming you have looked over the website at http://www.hydropoolhottubs.com and it's there and with your dealer that you will gain the knowledge required on our product.

As mentioned, please let me know if there's anything specific I can answer. There are a lot of great spas out there and Hydropool is one of them!

Steve
« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 06:52:25 pm by Steve »

TMJ

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2006, 08:03:07 pm »
Sorry to highjack this thread, but I cannot open the hydro pool website, maybe Steve can help. I can only get about 10 seconds on the home page then a white screen. I do not seem to have any probs with other sites....any ideas?

pmcrazi

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2006, 10:25:58 pm »
Anne, that is a beautiful tub, ty for the info.

Steve,
The glass florida room we are putting in will be air conditioned, and insulated. The sliding glass windows will open to let out humidity, and we will have 2 ceiling fans in that room also. The dehumidifier is something to think about if needed. Now floordrain? We figured with the windows we can pop the screen out for filling and draining...is there something i'm missing? As far as temp, it will be cooler in the room than out in our Florida heat (80's at night during the summer). I am going to look at the spa again tomorrow, and talk more to the dealer.
Karen

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2006, 02:23:11 am »
Sorry to highjack this thread, but I cannot open the hydro pool website, maybe Steve can help. I can only get about 10 seconds on the home page then a white screen. I do not seem to have any probs with other sites....any ideas?

We only allow certain people to view it... ;)

Can't explain that. I've been on and off it all day in the dealers section without a problem...

Karen:

A floor drain is something I would consider for a couple reasons. I'm not sure what the flooring will be but I'm assuming it's some form of waterproof material. Exiting the spa draws quite a bit of water out with us and also planning for the worst case scenario of a leak. ASk yourself what would happen if something major did go wrong and the spa lost half of its volume? Hopefully it should never happen but...

The room sounds like a perfect room for a hot tub and once your Hydropool is installed, I'd love to see some pictures!

Let us know how your visit goes tomorrow!

Steve

ramdom

• Hydropool 625er.
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2006, 05:52:15 am »
Try using MS Internet Explorer to see the site. The new Hydropool site has some major compatibility issues. Like anything more than a 5 year old browser will work. I guess the honchos over at Hydropool can see the content and the javascript, so they don't seem to mind if Opera, Firefox, Netscape or Safari users can see stuff or not. That's quite the market share. Hydropool should talk seriously to their Web Designers...

They have a great product with some great features and minor flaws, like most hot tubs i imagine. We love ours. 20 celsius below zero, starry nights or a cloudy night, light show. Jets are amazing! Go bigger - you might (will) want more (room, jets, colours) later.

Good luck!

(do a search for "Hydropool" on this site and remove some time filters, there's a lot here...)

TMJ

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2006, 06:01:59 am »
Thanks ramdom, I was able to pull it up on IE.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2006, 07:11:02 pm »
You bring up a valid point ramdom and I will certainly talk to the powers that be and find out why that is.

As this is far from area of expertise, do any of you have an idea of what % of users are working from the Opera, Firefox, Netscape or Safari platforms as compared to IE?

Is that number increasing or decreasing over the past year or two?

Thanks,
Steve
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 07:11:46 pm by Steve »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2006, 07:11:02 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42